I leave tomorrow.
I leave for DeKalb, where I will be until Sunday, and then POOF! Gone from your lives like fuzz. For a few months.
FAQ:
1. Are you ready for Russia?
2. What will you be DOING over there?
3. When do you get back?
4. Where will you be?
5. Are you excited?
1. Emotionally, yes. Literally, no. But I will be soon. Lots more to pack. I am taking a zillion clothes that I probably don't need... I think it's a safety thing.
2. It's through my department, not just my school, so I'll be enrolled in classes that have to do with my major (which is theater, emphasis in acting). I'll take classes six days a week from 11 to 6... classes include stage combat, movement, singing, history of Russian theater, Russian, acting (of course), and POSSIBLY ballet. Probably other stuff, too. I'll also be attending a lot of productions around Moscow and exploring as much as my cramped schedule will allow. CHALLENGE ME TO PUSH-UP CONTESTS UPON RETURN. Apparently, I'll be a lot stronger. I hope that's true and that I didn't just sign myself up for countless push-up humiliations.
3. Good question, hypothetical asker. The semester ends December 19th, but my good buddy Mark Caspary and I are going to bop around Europe for about a week. Plans should be made tonight. More on that later.
4. Moscow, but a few days in St. Petersburg (known by the locals as Sanct Peterboorg)
5. Yes. Yes, yes, yes. A little nervous, too, but very excited.
Next time you hear from me, I WILL BE IN RUSSIA!
No comments:
Post a Comment