Granada, Nicaragua, aside from having the most rhythmic and beautiful name, is a rhythmic and beautiful city. It was built in the 1500's by the Spanish colonialists and has been burned to the ground by pirates over seven times in it's esteemed life.
We climbed to the rafters of the bell tower in the Merced cathedral. The view was enchanting.
Granada reaches me in a way the resorts cannot. Granada knows something.
In Granada, men hiss at you. Understand that this is the beginning of a short list of complaints about Granada.
I was looking for an ATM and I walked past a young boy and a few adults. Young like five. The boy yelled, "Hey, Mami!" Since he was barely out of diapers, I assumed this was in reference to his actual mother. It was not. He started hissing and making kissing noises at me. The toddler. The toddler did that. THATS A CULTURAL PROBLEM, NICARAGUA. Your infants do not need to be harassing 24-year-old people.
End of list.
We met our friend Daniel, whom we'd hung out with in Liberia, and got to spend time with him and his traveling companions, whom I adore. We got cheap cheap cheap delicious Cuba Libres (extra lime) at a gringo bar with the Daniel crew and our favorite Monkey Tourers. It was, all in all, a wonderful evening. I quite like Granada.
Monkey Count: 4.5
No comments:
Post a Comment