Sunday, July 20, 2014

Katahdin

In a small cafe
Knees knocking, veggie omelette 
Katahdin today.

Of all the trips to have my luggage lost, it would be the one where my bag is literally necessary.

I'm staying at a lodge in Millinocket. My bag didn't make the same flight as me, so I waited in terror and tried to learn Rummy with Fairway, Sprout, and Trevor. My trail name this time is Toastface, a nickname given to me my freshman year in college because of how easily my face turns a toasty pink. I imagine it will remain that color until mid-October.

A man from the airport literally drove my bag out to me. What service, eh? 

I told all my old buddies about the hike, so you might see some cameos over the next few months. Hopefully Rooster, at least. Definitely Shepard (Garret). 

I'm nervous.



1 comment:

  1. For a little while,
    Forced to live without baggage--
    Molly go lightly.

    ReplyDelete